Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
What should I do before a photo session?
How to pay deposit?
1. To pay deposit ONLINE via Debit Card or PayPal please find “Shop” icon on the main menu or [click the link here]. New page will open. Click on the “PAY Deposit” image or on the text “Photo Session Deposit Payment €50-€100“. The product page will open. Select the amount you want to pay.
2. You may use “Quick Payments” option by selecting one of the payment methods show on the wide buttons below or click “ADD TO BASKET” button.
3. To proceed, go to CART from main menu. You can review your purchase “View the basket” button or hit the “Checkout” button.
4. In the CHECKOUT you can – confirm your contact details, address, selected the shipping method: Local Pickup, Deposit Payments, Downloads – €0.00
5. Select Payment Method, agree to T&Cs and complete the purchase.
Alternatively you can schedule studio meeting and pay your deposit via cash or debit card. Here your can request studio meeting –> MEETING
Why deposit payment is required?
Reservation deposit is to confirm and reserve the date for your photography session. This is to ensure that we hold the date and time for you. The deposit will be applied toward the remainder of any balance you might have due from the booking.
Cancellations: As a courtesy we ask that you please let us know at least 48 hours before your booking. Cancellations under 48 hours will incur a €50 rescheduling fee to reserve a new date. As Sessions are limited please try to keep your appointment.
What should I know before family photo session?
- The BEST thing you can do is to let go and enjoy! I know it’s hard not to be stressed before your session, but children pick up on anxiety really easily. We’ll have the best chance at getting gorgeous images if we let them happen naturally (with a little guidance from me, of course). I want your pictures to be amazing and will do all the hard work for you. Your only job is to relax and have fun.
- What should we bring to the photo shoot? Make sure everyone is well rested and has been fed before the photoshoot. It’s always a good idea to bring water.
- What should we all wear? Most importantly, wear something that you feel comfortable in. When you are comfortable, you’re happy! And when you’re happy and comfortable, your images will be even better. Wear exactly what you like – you all want to look and feel like yourselves. As a guide simple clothes tend to work best and avoiding logos, big patterns and stripes is preferable. Layering works really well for creating different looks and a change of outfit can be a good idea for very little ones.
- Consider the patterns: If you choose a pattern, have only one of you wear a pattern at a time. The backdrop of your shoot can play a role in what colors you might choose. For an indoor studio session offers selection of backdrops, which means any color photographs well here. For an outdoor session, consider the backdrop – if we’re in a park setting, the color green will be your backdrop and consider this when thinking about color choices.
- What if my kids are having a tough day? That’s okay! I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve to help get the whole family giggling. The best thing you can do is keep a smile on your face throughout the session – there’s nothing worse than capturing a rare smile from a baby, only to see that mom or dad was frowning with stress. That being said, it’s totally okay for not every moment of the session to be picture-perfect. I’m there to capture your family as you are, and in fifteen years, I think you’ll cherish the photos of your children that show the full spectrum of their personalities.
- What happens if my children misbehave during the session? When does this not happen?! I’m a mum, I get it. We’ll all work together to keep them entertained; we can keep them moving and doing things they enjoy. Keep a couple of favourite toys or snacks handy so we can pull them out if needed. I ask all parents not to worry or be anxious about their children on the photo-shoot. I am Mum to 3 boys. I am relaxed and confident in working with your children. If one of your children is not co-operating I may ask permission to take them off to the side for a few minutes on their own to capture their images. Many times, without parents looking on, children are remarkably well behaved and co-operative.
I have a Gift Voucher, what do I do?
If you own a Gift Voucher issued by Photo Studio Balbriggan you are entitled to use it against any service or product purchase with us. Each voucher has a value written on and the issue date. The voucher is valid for 5 years from issue date, so do not be worried if you are not in need of photographic service right now or because due to unforeseen COVID-19 restrictions, our studio is closed for business. You may still redeem your voucher online by using the voucher’s code (8 digits) or book your photo service any time, at your convenience with our online booking system.
Basic photo retouching - what is included
All purchased photos are subject to basic photo retouching.
We Do under “basic photo retouching”:
- Reduce the appearance of dark circles under eyes
- Remove yellow and red from eyes and teeth
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles
- Eliminate distracting stray hairs
- Erase temporary blemishes like acne and razor bumps
- Enhance the color and contrast for more impact
We Don’t under “basic photo retouching”:
- Distort or shrink natural features
- Change hair styles or color
- Fix wrinkled or disheveled clothes
- Remove logos or graphics from clothing
- Remove permanent facial features (actors and models)
Enhanced photo retouching is available as an additional service which is subject to separate charge.
How to prepare to newborn photo session?
BOOK AHEAD YOUR SESSION: The best time to book your newborn session is during your 6th or 7th month of pregnancy to ensure we’re available when your little one arrives.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR NEWBORN SESSION: Please be ready that it is going to be very warm at the studio, so wear lightweight clothes. Please bring along:
- Baby’s blanket
- Baby’s soother
- Change of clothes in case of little accidents and a few diapers
- Baby’s milk for feeding
- If your newborn is suffering from colic please have your usual remedies to ease the symptoms.
SIBLINGS/FAMILY: We do welcome sibling/family shots during a newborn session; however, we prefer sibling shots be taken at the beginning of the session. Please tell us the siblings will be present in advance before booking your session.
PROPS: We have a wide range of props, wraps and blankets but we welcome any props you may have (check with us current COVID-19 protocols). Please talk to us if you have any ideas about your newborn session and we will be happy to discuss all the options.
IF MY NEWBORN IS NOT SLEEPING DURING THE SESSION:
If your newborn can’t settle or not sleeping, we will try all the soothing techniques and feeding. However, if we notice that after some time your baby still can not calm and is very stressed – we might need to reschedule the session for another day. If your newborn does not sleep but is calm and engaging – we will do family shots and involve mother and father in the photos a lot, so please wear simple plain clothes (matching t-shirts if possible, black or white work very well!).
2 weeks for your digital images to be ready for an online viewing and 1 week for final retouching . Other products might take up to 6 weeks.
When is the best time to photograph my baby?
What happens after photo session?
How to Order.
In the Client Area you can preview your photos, order prints, digital negatives and other items – included in the session offer or additional ones.
1. Go to Photo Studio Balbriggan website. Address: www.photostudiobalbriggan.com
2. Select “Clients Area” from main menu, then find your online gallery with preview photos among other galleries
3. Click to enter your gallery. If your gallery is private, it will ask for your password (when the gallery is ready we send the password via text to the phone number listed on your photo release form – the one you entered on the day of your photo session). If your gallery is public, no password is required.
4. At the top of your preview gallery, you will see:
- expiry date – you can place your order until that day,
- details of the photo session offer/deal purchased –> important information what is included in your deal (paid with session purchase),
- thumbnails of your preview photos, which can be displayed on one or more pages. Please note that thumbnails don’t show the full photo.
5. If you see a photo that you like and want to order it, you need to enter the full photo display mode – click on the thumbnail. In this mode you can:
- see the title
- share the photo on the social media (sharing is allowed only with the photo credit to Photo Studio Balbriggan)
- download the preview (you are not allowed to print previews, these photos are prepared only in the screen resolution that is not suitable for print)
- select the product type
- enter your comments (see below for additional information)
6. To order:
- select product type – included in the offer (select this if you want to order this as part of the deal), or anything else (photo or canvas prints etc.) if you want to order additional items.
- select product to specify additional details (i.e. size),
- product options (if available – for example: “paper matte” or “paper gloss”),
- comment – use this box to specify your editing preferences such as: black & white, sepia, closeup, reduce skin redness etc… and other instruction which help us to make your photo as you like. NOTE: We accept only written edit instructions placed at the time of the order.
At the end click “Add to basket” button.
7. After you checked all previews and added all products to the basket, go to the Cart. There you can:
- review the order and modify quantities (if required),
- enter the discount code (if you have one),
- continue to checkout
8. In the checkout – you can confirm your contact details, address, select the shipping and the payment method, enter any additional order notes, agree to T&Cs and complete your purchase.
To see selection of our photo products please select our SHOP from main menu or enter: www.photostudio.ie
If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact your photographer:
Kasia: Ph 0857522864 email@example.com
When will I see my photos?
What digital negative is?
Digital negative is define on this website as a “soft”, digital version of photography taken by the camera which is preserved in JPG file. After your photo session, we offer two kinds of digital negatives:
- preview photo –> which is low resolution, small in size digital version of photography taken during the session, can be watermarked and is suitable for online publication only. It can be share and post via email, since size of the file is not big. You cannot and you not allowed to print a hard copy photography from preview photo. Preview photo is copyrighted and should be used for selection purpose only. Preview photo gallery is FREE with our photography service.
- digital negative –> which is high resolution (min 300dpi), big in size, digital version of photography taken during the session. It is suitable for high quality hard copy print. We do not recommend to share it or post it via email, since size of the file is very big. With some our offers/packages digital negative is included, if not it can be purchase from your preview gallery photos. Each photo is copyrighted. When purchased, comes with print release.
What photo print in "gallery standard" is?
“Gallery standard” photo print – meant to be on display and admire. We offer prints that meet the highest standards, using advanced colour management for accurate colour reproduction and some of the finest photo papers, from the worlds leading paper suppliers.We offer exceptional quality at highly competitive prices. Our prints are based on a high quality, high resolution digital image of your artwork or photograph. Our source file is min. 300dpi resolution (at the final print size), in Adobe RGB colour space (but other RGB files can be processed).
In case of prints from customers own digital files, results can vary depending on the exposure and sharpness of the image. We are always happy to help out if you need some technical advice or tips on achieving the best results.
Why photos on my screen/device look bad or different then on other displays?
Basically, it relates to the calibration settings of these different screens and devices. When a photo looks good on your computer, but it looks too saturated on your phone, it means that either your computer/laptop screen is too desaturated (and likely, not very contrasty), or your phone has a screen that is overly saturated (and likely, too contrasty). Or both, depending on what computer, phone or other device you have.
However, a lot of phones and tablets give an artificial punch to their screens which looks good in the showroom, but can lead to problems like the one you’re facing. That alone could be the cause of your problem, but in tandem with an older laptop/display could be exacerbating your issue.
We take an extra care of the color calibration during processing the photographs. Thanks to professional color calibration tools and software our prints are very close to what you see on our screens.
Can I book make up artist / hair stylist with my photo session?
Please check with us current COVID-19 protocols – during some level of COVID-19 restriction the additional service might be unavailable.
Yes, you can order makeup artist / hair stylist service along with your photo session. Please remember this would be a subject to extra cost and it is very important that you tell us ASAP that extra service is needed. We will confirm that additional service with an available professional but it can take time and we cannot guarantee they accessibility at the particular day and time. Extra deposit fee might be requested as well, to ensure that additional service.
Do I get a digital file with my passport / ID photo?
Yes, we supply digital negative/version of your photo suitable for online application process. After photo session is completed, your digital photo is sent to you via email. We are up to day with photo requirements, online to be sure that your photo is approved at first time!
How much time do I have to place my order?
Ideally we wish that you take the time and select your photography and photo products wisely. Practically, we cannot hold your photographs on our storage devices forever, that’s why we recommend that you order your photos and other photo products in the time frame that your preview gallery is valid. At the top of every preview photo gallery, below its title you can see the date up to when your gallery would be accessible.
Please note, that after that time (time frame that your preview gallery is valid) we do not guarantee to keep digital archives of your photographs.
Why my printed photos look different then purchased from Photo Studio Balbriggan?
One really common problem with printed images is that, compared to the photo on screen, they look really drab and dark. This is because screens and printed images are fundamentally different things: a screen displays images by directly emitting light while a print reflects the ambient light.
Every device or screen has different brightness, contrast and other display settings. Every photo lab print service place or printer has own colour profiles. Therefore, we can not be hold responsible for third party print results.
We take a special take, to produce and offer only the highest quality photo prints and photo products. Our screens and printers are frequently calibrated to ensure that, printed photograph looks very similar to the image displayed on the screen.
Can I have the RAW or unedited files?
Unfortunately no, you cannot. We do not provide/sale RAW digital photo files. I take huge pride in my work and will only offer you beautifully edited, finished photographs that look their very best. For that reason, the RAW, unedited images are not available for purchase or otherwise, simply because they are only “half-baked” and not the finished product the way I envision it to be. Only I know how the images are designed to look – and my editing process is as much a part of my artistic skill as the way I take the photograph.
What is a print release?
Print Release is release to print your images – with guidelines. It allows the client to print for personal use at home, with third parties, while maintaining the rights of the photographer. Even though a client paid for a photo session and received digital copies does NOT mean they own the images.
Do you open on Bank Holidays?
The studio is closed on every Bank Holiday.